The Winter Carnival that we all know and love is celebrating its 100th birthday this year! Since 1914, the Steamboat Springs Winter Carnival has been the highlight of the winter months, offering great activities and fun for all. And the same goes for this year’s festivities, making the oldest continuous winter carnival west of the Mississippi the place to be this February!
Thanks to the Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club who organizes the Winter Carnival, these great events will be going on February 6 through 10. Here is a snapshot of what to expect:
Wednesday Feb. 6:
- Opening Ceremonies
- Speed and Flight Night Ski Jumping
Thursday Feb. 7:
- Cross-Country Obstacle Race
- 20, 30, and 50 Meter Jumping
- Winter Carnival Dual GS and Party
Friday Feb. 8:
- Vintage Ski Race and Ski Fashion Show
- Community Tubing Party
- Nordic Jumping Exhibition
- Amateur Ski Jumping
- Snowboarding Jam Session
- Sorel Soiree
Saturday Feb. 9:
- Knights of Columbus Pancake Breakfast
- Street Events
- Pro Alpine Ski Jumping Training and Qualifying
- International Muzzle Loading Biathlon
- Night Show Extravaganza and After Party
Sunday Feb. 10:
- Diamond Hitch Parade
- Pro Alpine Ski Jumping Finals
- Parent Child Downhill
- A Steamboat Celebration Concert
To find out more about these events, visit the Steamboat Springs Chamber of Commerce Website.
The 100th annual Winter Carnival is sure to be the best one yet! We hope to see you February 6-10 to celebrate all that winter in Steamboat Springs has to offer!
People come to Steamboat Springs for plenty of reasons, one of which being the awesome activities available here all year long. And what’s something that kids of all ages and adults alike enjoy? Why, tubing of course!
Much like sledding, tubing involves sliding down a snowy hill on an inflatable tube. It is a great way to enjoy the winter wonderland that is Steamboat Springs while still having fun with the family.
There are many options for snow tubing in Steamboat Springs. We recommend historic Howelsen Hill located downtown, close to the Steamboat Motors showroom. This location is open Tuesday through Sunday until March when it is open Daily. Reservations are required so give them a call to book your snow tubing adventure!
You can also travel to Saddleback Ranch for snow tubing on their brand new Yee-Haw Tubing Hill. The new hill has a state of the art tube-tow lift system, much like a ski lift. Saddleback Ranch also has a concession stand where patrons can get hot drinks and snacks. Because Yee-Haw hill is 15 miles from Steamboat Springs, Saddleback provides transportation from Mt Werner Transit center.
Have your own sledding/tubing equipment? You can tube on your own by visiting the hill in front of the church or Blackmere Drive on Emerald Mountain.
So get out there and have a blast tubing down some of the best hills around! Steamboat Springs is your destination for family fun this winter!
Fifty years ago, Steamboat Ski Area opened, offering a place for ski aficionados to come and get their ski on! Now, Steamboat Ski Area is as lively as ever and ready to celebrate its long-awaited 50th anniversary.
Steamboat Ski Area looks very different than it did in 1963, thanks to the $10 million renovation that was completed last year. In addition to the aesthetic updates, the Ski Area also received a new fleet of snowmobiles, enhanced bars for the ski lifts, repaved parking lots, and better snowmaking devices. It is certainly ready for a big celebration.
The Golden Anniversary Celebration will last from January 11th through the 21st, offering a torchlight parade, fireworks, concerts, and more. In addition, Steamboat Ski Area, in conjunction with Mountain Media, will be putting out a special 50th Anniversary Edition of Ski Town USA magazine. Now you too can share in all the festivities of the Golden Anniversary.
There are several other big announcements for the Steamboat Ski Area, including:
- Rossignol Experience Center demo rental program: improve customers’ skiing skills
- Boat Launch Pass: includes three days of lift tickets for only $129; this deal can be combined with a night stay, resulting in 20% off lodging
- Signature Five Program: ski instruction clinics
- Grand Café: new restaurant in the Steamboat Grand
As you can see, this is a very exciting time for Steamboat Ski Area! Will you be in Steamboat Springs this December or January? Contact the Steamboat Motors Rental Department to reserve your rental today!
Steamboat Springs is the place that we call home. But for many, it is the ultimate vacation spot, offering both summer and winter activities and functions for kids and adults alike. As a local business, Steamboat Motors can offer an abundance of rental car options for these vacationers, offering them a convenient way to navigate through their trip. Steamboat Motors also offers rentals for residents, providing them with a convenient way to travel to other areas of Colorado and the US.
But why rent a car? It can seem like just another expense. Believe or not, there are many benefits to renting a car, some that can save you big bucks in the end:
- Utilizing a rental for long trips saves your vehicle from prolonged and excess wear and potential damage; maintenance worries and needs will be decreased
- Rental cars offer more spacious and accommodating transportation for families and big groups with lots of luggage and outdoor equipment, like skis and snowboards
- By flying to Steamboat Springs and then getting a rental car to navigate after arrival, you save a lot of travel time and can therefore begin enjoying your trip sooner
- Rental cars are often newer model years, meaning they will get better gas mileage than maybe your own car would
- If the rental breaks down, the company will take care of all repairs and give you a new one in its place; much more hassle and inconvenience would result if it were your own car
These are just a few reasons why renting a car at Steamboat Motors can make any trip more relaxed, enjoyable, and convenient. We are proud to offer a full-service Rental Department with the newest and most efficient models. Give us a call at 970-879-7424 for more information about a rental or reserve your vehicle right on our website.
There are tons of community events going on in June in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. With summer just around the corner, keep these events in mind for fun-filled and exciting weekends:
June 9, 2012:
- Adventure 5K Scavenger Hunt: Steamboat Springs High School, 8:00 AM
- Mainstreet Farmers Market: Downtown, 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Spring into Summer Carnival fundraiser: Meadows Parking Lot, 12:00 PM
- Cosmic bowling and free karaoke: Snow Bowl, 7:00 PM
- Old Town Pickers trio: Old Town Pub & Restaurant, 9:30 PM
June, 16, 2012:
- Ski Town USA Golf Classic: Catamount Ranch and Club Golf Course, 8:00 AM
- Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup: Downtown, 10:00 AM
- 2012 Steamboat Springs Pro Rodeo Series: Brent Romick Rodeo Arena, 7:30 – 10:00 PM
- Me and Ed’s Music Machine: Sweetwater Grill, 9:00 PM
June 23, 2012:
- Beast Walk: Bud Werner Memorial Library, 10:00 AM
- Doggy beauty pageant: Bud Werner Memorial Library, 11:00 AM
- Billy Franklin, solo acoustic: Rex’s American Grill and Bar, 5:30 – 8:30 PM
- Strings Opening Night Orchestra: Strings Music Pavilion, 8:00 PM
- Pete Stein and the Black Tiger Fire Band with Mountain Devils: Carl’s Tavern, 9:00 PM
June 30, 2012:
- Taste of South Routt: Decker Park, 12:00 – 6:00 PM
- Free Summer Concert Series: Dark Star Orchestra: Gondola Square, 5:00 PM
- Different Tempo MASS Ensemble: Strings Music Pavilion, 8:00 PM
- Jesse Christensen and Jon Gibbs: Carl’s Tavern, 9:00 PM
This is just a snapshot of everything going on this June! Visit Explorer Steamboat online to get a full list of events and activities in Steamboat Springs.
Looking for a used car at a great, low price? Then, Steamboat Motors is the place for you. They have a great selection of pre-owned cars, sure to fit the bill. Take a look at these used cars currently on their lot:
- 2009 Chevy HHR
2011 Ram 1500
- 2011 Ram 1500
- 2009 Chevy Cobalt
- 2002 Mercury Mountaineer
- 2011 Ford Super Duty F-250
- 2001 Ram 2500
- 1007 Ford Expedition
- 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Call Steamboat Motors at 970-879-8880 to ask about pricing, scheduling a test drive, or making an offer! You can also view their entire inventory of used cars on their website.
Steamboat Motors is offering a great selection of sales during the Mid-Winter Clinic. The following deals are valid through the month of March:
- Free Mid-point inspection, including topping off of fluids
- Free battery and charging system testing
- Buy one get three free oil changes
- 10% off parts and labor on all accessories
- $29.95 gas oil change
- $69.95 diesel oil change
Come to Steamboat Motors for these great Mid-Winter Clinic deals!
With winter just around the corner, it is only appropriate that Steamboat Motors is offering a parts sale on remote start kits.
Buyers can receive a remote start kit for just $150.00, a savings of $200.00.
Don’t want to sit in a freezing car, waiting for the engine to warm up? Stop by Steamboat Motors and get your remote start kit today! You can also view this special online at http://steamboatmotors.com/Specials-Parts.aspx.
And be sure to check out Steamboat Motors’ complete inventory of new Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep cars at http://steamboatmotors.com/New-Inventory.aspx.
Truck drivers who use their vehicle for work or towing will be more than pleased with the new 2012 Ford Super Duty F-350 XL. The 2012 Super Duty F-350 is equipped with a 6.2L Flex Fuel V8 engine and a TorqShift® Heavy-Duty 6-speed SelectShift™ Automatic Transmission. A 6.7L Power Stroke® V8 Turbo Diesel engine is available to buyers as well.
For those who need to haul everything from a boat to lawn mower equipment, the 2012 Ford Super Duty F-350 XL comes with a Trailer Hitch Receiver. The Ford F-350 XL also features Trailer Sway Control to keep whatever you are hauling safe and stable. This truck allows for multiple objects to be stored in the back with its pickup box that can be partitioned and stacked. Tie-down hooks help keep all stored objects stay put. Lights in the back help illuminate the pickup box for easy visibility at night.
On the road, the 2012 Ford Super Duty F-350 XL uses its AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control to keep the truck on all fours when driving. Shock absorbers on the 2012 Super Duty F-350 XL help smooth out the ride for everyone on board. A total of ten airbags in the truck’s Personal Safety System™ also ensures everyone inside the truck is safe.
You can find the 2012 Ford Super Duty F-350 XL at Steamboat Motors! Stop by our Steamboat Springs, Colorado dealership or shop for your 2012 Ford Super Duty online.